DIY Purple Party Dress...

Recently completed this purple party dress for a friend who specifically asked for a dress from me for her birthday. I didn't have a problem with making her something because she's always lacing me with cash and prizes on my birthday and she is pure hotness for doing that. Her birthday has long passed, but better late than never, right? I used New Look 6774, but I ended up cutting the "bridesmaid dress" length off to more of a "mini/party dress" length. It ended up looking like an occasion/holiday/party dress to me. I think it could still be worn in warm months, but it'll really shine in the cooler "holiday" months. I tried to style the winter looks like Tracy Reese's Fall 2009 Frock! line with the granny boots and the tights. LOVE every single solitary piece in that collection.
Check out more of what I've sewn here and here!

Comments